Precimat specializes in two areas: 1) preparation and manufacturing of petrographic thin sections and polished sections, and 2) analysis of specimens.
Precimat is a division of PRECILAB, a chemical testing laboratory accredited ISO 17025, founded in 2001. Located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, PRECILAB specializes in the analysis of ultra-trace process chemicals and water for the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
The company was founded by Yves Gouanvic, a geologist and chemist with a passion for ore mineralogy and petrology.
The top priority of the staff at Precimat is to provide high quality manufactured products and analysis you can trust.
Precimat’s laboratory facility is equipped with state-of- the-art manufacturing and testing equipment for all of your research needs:
Manufacturing Processing Tools
- Automated Thin Section machines
- Automatic Polishers
- Diamond Saws
- Pellet Press
- Epoxy Impregnation Chambers
- High Pressure (1200 PSI) Impregnation Vessel
- Triple Ar-Ion Mill
- High Vacuum Coater (Carbon and Alloy Sputtering)
- Interferometric Microscope
- Digital Calipers
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF)
- Polarizing Compound Microscopes (Transmitted, UV, and Reflected)
- Polarizing Stereo Zoom Microscope with Motorized Stage
- Binocular Stereo Microscope with Reflected Light
- Automatic Point Counter